Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Entry #4 Looking back

Looking back on blogging I enjoyed the new experience. Connecting to your audience can be difficult. When I heard I was to make a blog I thought this must be a joke... right?



No it wasn't, but now that I have put the time into my blog to make it my own, I actually am considering keeping it for my family and friends. I can say that I did take blogging seriously, although some topics were more difficult than others. I enjoyed the freedom to write about anything of my choice, and found myself spending time and thinking of something that I would actually read about. Blogging is definitely a great way to learn about rhetoric and connecting to your audience. It is a fun way to see the different styles of writing and getting your voice out the way you want. It is definitely a useful way to help perfect tone as well.


The only problem I really had with blogging was trying to learn where everything this is and what to do next. Multiple times I know that I hit the wrong button and lost all of my stuff I just worked so hard on :( I then needed to redo it again... This was a real drag but I managed to make it through. Maybe if I had a key to tell me what the different buttons were or how to do what would have been helpful. I must say though I got good at being able to add picture and videos.

 If there was more time I feel the topics could have expanded more. Also I think the commenting would expand more and help learn rhetoric even more. The freedom to choose to write about what is on your mind is a great way for a student, like myself, to get their feelings out. Blogging can be a great tool for a student to vent or ask for advice as well.



 I liked all the topics I have written about but one thing I would have liked to do was more free topics. I enjoyed them the most. One down fall to blogging is that anyone can do it, which also means anyone can also say what they want even if its not true. Its a form of social media like Facebook or Myspace. It can be customized to any style and any attitude. Just like Facebook and Myspace it can be addicting and as a reader or writer it should be limited and not take over a persons social life. If you have never thought about making a blog, I would recommend it, take the chance, you will never know if you like it until you give it a try.


Professor Chris thanks for giving us the challenge of writing this blog. Although it might have been difficult overall I really enjoyed it and the ability to freely say what I want to say.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda--I am glad you enjoyed the blog project and found value in it. You have good content and honest discussion. Thank you. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete