Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Entry #1 Discovering blogs

While trying to figure out the whole layout of how I wanted my blog to be, I found others online for inspiration.... or not so much inspiration. The internet is a great way to learn new ideas or market yourself, however because its not monitored some sites are pure opinion and can be taken the wrong way. I remember watching this commercial for state farm where the lady believed everything on the internet. She learned this from, of course, the internet.

I enjoy personal blogs myself, Professional blogs I find too corporate and boring? I understand corporate blogs aren't always supposed to be enjoyable but this to me is so impersonal I cant spend over 5 minutes on it. McDonalds blog is all focused on sustainability which is great, however for the average consumer this does not mean much to them. Their blog too focused on sustainability it lacks the personality that keeps the reader wanting to read and coming back for more. This is great for those who are concerned with sustainability but what about those who are not and just want more in aspects of the corporation or the products?

 Now Walmart is a giant company as everyone knows. They have a TON of information all over on the site that I find interesting but its also confusing. If the layout was more appealing and easier to follow would make the site more eye catching. However the overall spectrum of topics that they cover is great. I see that you can share the post and all but there is no comment section. So it doesn't feel much like a blog, more so an informational site. I did find that you can submit inquiries to the journalist under media contact, along with a phone number, which makes it feel that they care to hear what you might have to say.

I don't know what you enjoy, but I would rather enjoy myself, after all I am learning and doing it for entertainment. When I am looking for a blog I find myself usually on a craft blog or sewing blog, I like instructions that are clear and with pictures. However with the wedding approaching and all the planning left to be done I find myself on a ton of wedding blogs for DIY projects. These blogs are so much more personal and appealing. I would rather have someone's input or opinion in something that is not so serious and their way of giving a person an alternate view or helping. This sort of blogging feels more personal and has a way to draw in the reader into something that truly matters to them.

Overall I want to follow a more personal blog feel while still trying to appeal to readers on a higher level. I am learning while working on this threw expressing myself so I know it will not be perfect right from the start, but everyone has to start somewhere. Tell me what you think, which would you prefer to follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment