Monday, June 17, 2013

Cold dogs!

Having three dogs during the summer time in Arizona is tough. I am constantly trying to find ways to keep them cool during the hot months. I have always given my dogs ice water, and ice cubes to chew on; however, I wanted a new cool treat for them. The dogs enjoy the occasional frozen bananas, but I wanted something else. On a recent visit to the pet food store, I was given a sample of Stewarts Frozen Dog Treats. I was skeptical at first not knowing anything about the product. I decided it was worth a shot to give my dogs something new and cold at the same time. They loved it!! They have multiple flavors; Vanilla apple crisp, Mixed Berry, Fresh Harvest veggies & fruit, and Berry Fresh.
The treat comes in a small 3.5 ounce container and are fairly reasonably. I found leaving them out on the counter for a few minutes before trying to serve them has worked best. Sometimes I just let them lick it out of the cup. One thing I like the most is they are made in the U.S.A!!
 
I also began looking into making frozen treats for the dogs to enjoy and recently came across this recipe for Peanut butter & banana treats.I found on Pinterest which linked me to creative housewife.  They treats were very simple to make and I know what went into it and how it was prepared. It made me confident to give my dogs a little something extra to help keep them cool.
 
Have you found any frozen treats for your pets? Do you have any recommendations on ones that you have tried? I  hope you take into consideration this summer that a dog can only cool down from panting and through their paws unlike humans. Help keep your pets cool and safe this summer!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute post! Very considerate of you to put effort into finding the perfect, chilly treat for your dogs. I think dogs are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete