Monday, June 10, 2013

Entry #2 Typical Family Life... Technology Interference

Society is on a run away train when it comes to technology. Watch this animated clip and let me know what you think.
 
This film is comical however it greatly points out the flaws in the American society with the average family. This video hits home for me. I work in a restaurant and walking through the dining rooms all you see is some sort of technology on probably 90% of the tables. Children are being entertained by gaming systems or Ipads, while the adults are checking their email or on facebook. As I walk through the dining room I hear some conversations, however it is rare to overhear a meaningful family conversation. Have you witnessed this in your daily life?
As I sit here entering this blog entry I have the laptop open with multiple tabs, the TV is on a recorded show I enjoy, and my cell phone is sitting next to me and I check it periodically for emails or facebook. I know I am not the only guilty one. Heck my grandma is in her 70's and I was laughing last time I visited her because she had her laptop open and using it next to her actual computer, the TV on, the house phone ringing. I never would have thought... then I see her send a text. I hear people say its just my generation, but its not its all around us. Yes my generation is very guilty, but its everywhere around us, forcing us to feel the need to use it. Do you feel that urge from society to have that technology at your hands? Do you feel out of touch with society if you don't have it? Some things to ponder.
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with your point. First your blog is well written, but the bad part is that I am guilty too. I can put everything down and ignore the phone when I want to. But do I want to enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said I am very guilty, I know I need to do it more as well. I recently added a smart action on my phone which I have found to help a lot. After 10:00 pm, my phone automatically will not ring or give an alert for an email, text or call unless that person is on my emergency contact list. I find this to be helpful, while I try to sleep I am not woken up by meaningless talk or notifications and having to resist the urge to look at my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true! Many families and disconnected solely because of technology these days. It is quite clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good. And interesting title. Keep up the commenting!

    ReplyDelete